As some of you may know, I'm turning 27 this year. I'm not sure why this is such a strange/frightening birthday for me! I think it's just the sound of it TWENTY-SEVEN. It echoes in my mind, reminding me of how old I'm getting and how much of life has already passed me. Now, let me get this out of the way, because these comments are inevitable. yes, I realize 27 isn't THAT OLD, and I'm still a youngin', blah, blah, blah! Ok, that's done.
Ok, back to my rant, where was I? Oh right, TWENTY-SEVEN (echo)...It's just so strange. I remember being in high school and wondering what my life would be like at 27...never would have guessed this!! So, I was thinking this morning, since I'm feeling so old and that life is darn near passing me by...it's time to make a list (surprise, surprise)!! So, here is my 27 before 27 list....27 things I want to do before I'm 27 (or maybe the year I'm 27...I have to give myself a buffer! I only have 14 weeks and 5 days to complete it!)
So,here it goes....(in no particular order)
1. Train for and then run a 5k (thanks V for the motivation!)
2. Get a new job (hopefully!)
3. Bake a souffle!
4. Cook something new each week
5. Write more handwritten letters
6. CONQUER budgeting
7. Read the entire Bible (ok, that may be an entire year one)
8. Get a cool, new, professional blog design
9. Buy our 1st painting
10. Finish decorating our new house!
11. Sing on stage with Cody...without wanting to throw up from fear!
12. Go an ENTIRE work day without going on facebook (haha)
13. Write letters to each person I love and tell them why they are so incredible!
14. Pray more, TONS more!
15. Eat less sugar/dessert (funny how 15 contradicts 3)
16. Go on a vacation with just ME & CODY...NO ONE ELSE!
17. Successfully plant something and actually have something grow from it!
18. Get Cody recording time to make his demo!
19. Learn more about international & domestic adoption
20. Have more grace & mercy
21. Go hiking with Cody(I'm writing this with my teeth clenched and rolling my eyes)
22. Refinish SOMETHING/ANYTHING made of wood!
23. Purge my closet and give it all to those in need
24. Send more cards and buy more presents for friends & family!
25. Lose weight & get in shape!
26. Laugh everyday
27. Go to Paris and kiss Cody at the top of the Eiffel tower (Hey! A girl can dream!!)
and one for good luck....
28. Love Jesus with reckless abandon more and more each day!
Now, it's your turn...what is something you want to do before a big birthday or before you die?!?