Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Movin' on UP...to the East side!






Well, HELLO! I know I've been slightly vacant from the blogging world recently, but I do have a few great excuses! As you probably already know-WE MOVED!!! I'm so excited to finally be at our first house together! Yes, we did live in Cody's bachelor pad for about a month, but honestly, that doesn't count as a home! So, as this past month meandered on, we kept praying and seeking to find a perfect place for us. God was so faithful! We have a fantastic little townhouse with a dishwasher, washer and dryer and brand new carpet! haha You'll never appreciate the little things in life until you are without them for a month. 

I am so grateful for our new little place, at the perfect price. I am so happy we were patient and waited for God to direct us to the perfect place for us, at this time. It is so reassuring knowing this is exactly where we are supposed to be. I know it seems silly being so "spiritual" over a house, but we have received such a confirmation for staying in Blacksburg over the past few months, and this is another great indication of our needing to stay here! 

On another note, the church Cody is working for, Northstar Church, is in a time of transition. Originally begun as a church plant nearly 6 years ago, Cody climbed on board as their Worship/Youth/College Pastor, last August. Since then, the church has had a few ups and downs, but God has kept a core group of beleivers together. About a month ago, the pastor, who "founded" the church, declared his retirement and the need for the church to begin searching for a new Senior Pastor. Though we love Pastor Jackson and his wife, we are so excited for this new leaf to be turned. Our church is in dire need of new life and we are greatly anticipating God's hand to direct and guide us in this search. Oh and by the way, in God's great sense of humor, I made it to the Pastor's Search Committee...haha. For some reason, they really like me here. hahaha. I'm pretty sure it's because I'm married to the guy they love even more! Anyways, all that to say, please pray for God to lead the right man to our church and to give us wisdom in selecting our new pastor! 


Love and Blessings,
C&L Davenport

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the place! Blogging is so much fun!